The tourist village of Sauraha in Chitwan is once again preparing to host the annual elephant extravaganza – the International Elephant Race & Elephant Festival. If you are eager to see the hefty pachyderms battling it out in the hot Chitwan sun, then Sauraha is the place to head to.
Activities during the fest include:
1. Elephant Procession (march past),
2. Elephant Bathing,
3. Traditional Elephant Decoration
4. International Elephant Race
5. Elephant Soccer Match
6. Photo Exhibition & Documentary Shows depicting the Life Cycle of Elephants
7. Canoeing, Ox Cart & Horse Racing
8. Cultural Program
9. Food Festival
The event will be held from 26th – 28th December 2010.