Following our first update on coronavirus threat in Nepal, please find our second update as follows.
1. Taking into account the global recommendations and measure of the WHO, the Government of Nepal has decided to temporarily suspend visa-on-arrival for the nationals of the following 8 countries (to be effective from 10th March till the date of further notice). The Government has added 3 countries to the prior list of 5 countries.
i. People’s Republic of China (including Special Administrative Regions)
ii. Islamic Republic of Iran
iv. Republic of Korea
viii. Spain (Source: Department of Immigration, Government of Nepal)
2. The nationals of these 8 countries can obtain visa beforehand from the Nepali Missions abroad after submitting a recently issued health certificate stating that they are not infected by COVID-19. Those who have already got the prior visa from the mission and embassies of Nepal abroad are to provide health certificate that proves COVID-19 negative along with their travel document upon their arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport. The health certificate must be recently produced maximum 7 days earlier before the time of arrival in Nepal. (Source: Department of Immigration, Government of Nepal)
3. The nationals of these 8 countries are strongly recommended to use Tribhuwan International Airport as the only entry and exit point. Rest of the land POE (Point of Entry and Exit) in Nepal are temporarily suspended till the date of further notice. (Source: Department of Immigration, Government of Nepal)
4. At Tribhuwan International Airport, the preventive safety measures like thermal scanner, thermal gun and disinfectant spray are being continued with 24/7 Health Desk and Ambulance service. (Source: Tribhuwan International Airport Civil Aviation Office)
5. As of March 06, a total of 437 samples have been tested out of which 436 have proved corona negative. (Source: Ministry of Health, Government of Nepal)
We hope our second phase update on coronavirus threat in Nepal helps you to be informed. We shall keep you updated!
For more information:
I got to know about your company while browsing the internet. The meeting and handling was great. The guides and support staff were excellent. Meals and services during the trek and in hotels were great. Keep shining!