All booking are made with Explore Himalaya Travel & Adventure
Amrit Marg, Bhagwan Bahal
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: (977 1) 4418100, Fax: (977 1) 4418614
1. It is a fundamental condition that you acknowledge that this is an adventure tour. This requires some flexibility. The day to day itinerary is taken as a guideline only. We can not be hold responsible for any delays caused by International or domestic flights, strikes, Government regulations, weather or natural casualties etc. In such cases, Explore Himalaya shall be responsible for providing suitable alternatives which could be decided upon mutual agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, Explore Himalaya shall be only responsible for refund after deducting expenses already incurred.
2. Your booking will be confirmed by email once we have received the deposit of USD 500 (8000m peak deposit is USD1500) and the signed copy of booking form and contract. The balance is due no later than one months prior to departure. If you book a tour less than 2 month prior to departure, you must send the full payment within one month of confirmation by us.
3. If you cancel, the following scale of charges will apply:
DATE OF CANCELLATION
2 months before departure
loss of deposit (USD 500) – (USD 1500 for 8000m)
29 days to 2 months before departure
30% of total trip cost
10 to 28 days before departure
60% of total trip cost
less than 10 days before departure
100% of total trip cost
4. If you do not show up at the meeting point specified on the agreed date, we will assume you have been delayed and will wait for you to contact us with your new expected arrival date. If you do not contact us within 48 hours we will assume you have cancelled the tour. There is no refund of any money paid.
5. The tour will not be cancelled unless we are forced to do so because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances (force majeure), such as a major natural disaster, major political unrest or war. If we cancel the tour we will promptly refund all payments made to us including the deposit (less the unrecoverable costs such as air ticktes cancellation). We shall not be liable to refund any additional expenses that you may have incurred (such as insurance, visas, vaccinations and other incidental costs).
6. In case of the journey broken of early return upon client’s own wish or causes, Explore Himalaya shall not be liable to any refund of the days not utilized. Clients have to pay for the hotel or any extra costs incurred after leaving the itinerary.
7. Before joining the tour we recommend you take out travel insurance. This should include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses, cancellation, helicopter evacuation and emergency repatriation. You must supply documentary proof of it. If you do not have travel insurance you must have a credit card with at least a US$5000 limit.
8. The trek information sheets and the dossier give information and conditions relating to the tour and are deemed to be part of the contract and so you should be fully aware of their contents. However the itinerary is an indication of what the group should accomplish, but not a contractual obligation- Changes may be made because of exceptional weather, flight cancellations, sickness or other unforeseeable circumstances- No refunds are given for unused services or unrealized dreams. We do give sympathy though.
All information and advice provided (vaccinations, climate, trekking equipment, visas etc) is given in good faith but without responsibility by us.
9. You agree to abide by the authority of the leader. Signing the booking form implies your acceptance of the tour leader’s decisions which could affect the group or individuals. The tour leader will give you a complete briefing at your arrival about your journey with Explore Himalaya.
10. If you have a complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with the tour leader or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the tour completion. We shall try to agree on a settlement; this process shall be governed by the laws of Nepal.
11. Conditions apply for booking train tickets in China with us:
Beijing to Lhasa soft sleeper train tickets are on very high demand and are mostly reserved for Chinese Governmental officers and their families. Train ticketing offices open booking only ten days before departure date so we can not guarantee soft sleeper. Our contacts in China will do his best to get seats for us. We will try our best to get soft sleeper but if by any chance it is not available we’ll get hard sleeper seats and refund the difference to you. Sometimes even hard sleeper may not be available, in such case we will book flight to Chengdu or Shanghai and then train to Lhasa. Even if this option does not work the only available option is to take direct flight to Lhasa. We don’t cover the extra domestic flight cost in China due to the impossibility to get tickets on the train.
12. When making your booking it is implied and accepted that you have read and understood all these booking conditions and agree to abide by them.
The trip to Bhutan was great! Excellent sights, hotels, food, weather, and our guide and driver were very professional and very good company. They looked very good for us!