Attention all animal lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, the fifth International Elephant Race and Elephant Festival will be held from 26th – 28th December in the tourist village of Sauraha. The village is located in the lush and verdant locale of Chitwan National Park.
Activities during the fest include:
1. Elephant Procession (march past),
2. Elephant Bathing,
3. Traditional Elephant Decoration,
4. International Elephant Race
5. Elephant Soccer Match
6. Photo Exhibition & Documentary Shows depicting the Life Cycle of Elephants
7. Canoeing, Ox Cart & Horse Racing
8. Cultural Program
9. Food Festival
We find it very important that our travelling contributes to the preservation of Nepal’s fragile and beautiful nature. We encourage Kipling Travels and Explore Himalaya to start working with different tea-houses / lodges and hotels on sustainability initiatives- like waste recycling, solar heating etc.
We work with the motto "Tourism for Development". Explore Himalaya Community Service Project was conceived to empower underprivileged segments of Nepal.