Attention all animal lovers and wildlife enthusiasts, the fifth International Elephant Race and Elephant Festival will be held from 26th – 28th December in the tourist village of Sauraha. The village is located in the lush and verdant locale of Chitwan National Park.
Activities during the fest include:
1. Elephant Procession (march past),
2. Elephant Bathing,
3. Traditional Elephant Decoration,
4. International Elephant Race
5. Elephant Soccer Match
6. Photo Exhibition & Documentary Shows depicting the Life Cycle of Elephants
7. Canoeing, Ox Cart & Horse Racing
8. Cultural Program
9. Food Festival
We work with the motto "Tourism for Development". Explore Himalaya Community Service Project was conceived to empower underprivileged segments of Nepal.