As the date for Everest Skydive 2008 is drawing near, preparations are on at full swing at Explore Himalaya. To ensure that the event goes on smoothly, a separate organizing team has been formed.
The team’s coordinator is Sambhu K.Bista, a senior administrative officer at the National Sports Council, Nepal. A former sportsman, Mr.Bista is quite experienced at organizing large scale sporting events and Explore Himalaya has sought his valuable expertise in managing this event.
The team and their duties:
1. Chief Co-ordinator – Sambhu K.Bista
2. Tour Handling(arrival/departure transfers, hotel bookings, sightseeing)- Nirmala Shakya
3. Permits (CAAN, Home Ministry, National Park, equipments etc.) – Krishna Aryal
4. Trek( food, equipments , tea-houses)- Kedar Khadka & Nima Tamang (field supervisor)
5. Drop Zone(location preparation, runway maintenance, local co-ordination, puja activities etc)- Krishna Aryal, Nima Tamang, Ishwor
6. Logistics, Movement & HR Support – Dhruba Khadka
7. Website design/ maintenance (www.everest-skydive.com)- Choodamani Adhikari
8. Photographer – Shankar
Explore Staff Meeting
A very great experience. Explore Himalaya's staff were very professional and helpful at all times. Our Trek guide was excellent and very professional. They gave good instructions which led to successful climbing. Our itinerary was perfect. We felt secure at all times.
We work with the motto "Tourism for Development". Explore Himalaya Community Service Project was conceived to empower underprivileged segments of Nepal.